Monday, June 21, 2010

Love Letter to My New Resume

Images-nowhiring Hey -

You know how when we first hooked up together, I liked you, right? You were interesting and looked OK and we had a lot in common. But now I have to say I’m like really into you in a big way!

When I really noticed this was after you got back from that long trip to London and Dubai. We went to that dinner with the CEO guy and you were wearing that great suit you got tailored at Savile Row (?!!!). I hope you don’t take this the wrong way, but you looked so much better! In fact, you looked great!!

You know the way your arms are kinda long? I’m not telling you anything new here. It made you good at basketball in college. But those old suits you used to wear to interview in just came up short. Sorry, but that’s just the way I feel. Nobody's perfect.

But in that new suit! I know this may sound superficial, but it made me feel proud and confident just to be with you. It made your long arms look powerful, instead of just a little weird. That new suit gave you a real aura, you know, of power or something.

You talked better too. I just got the feeling that you knew what you were doing. You sounded so sort of savvy, you know? I don’t see how that guy could not give you a job! Now you’re charas– what’s the word? Yeah, charismatic.

I feel the real you has come out and you’re so sure of yourself. Like, if I had a problem, you’d just take care of it. Anyway, to make a long story short, as I say, the way you are now - it's waaaay better -

Later, me



View the Original article